Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Update

So, to anyone who may be reading this, I thought I should share a little about where my head has been and what my future plans are! First of all, the next chapter of WITCH is in the works. I've written up the outline for it but I have not gotten to taking the pictures yet because there have been a couple snags in my plan. Firstly, work has kept me very busy and the process of posing, capturing, and editing my images is extremely time consuming. Also, my editing software has expired. I intended to buy the full version so I can keep using it, but my car has been having trouble so it looks like I'm going to have to spend that money on fixing it instead. But hopefully, I will get my pictures finished soon!

If you are reading this, you will be the first to learn that WITCH is almost completed! The next chapter leads up to the climax, which will play out in the following two chapters. Although WITCH may be ending, The Lyvenia Series is far from over. In the next few months, I plan to begin working on Book 2, which will be called: My Curse's Kingdom.

In other news, I am participating in Camp NaNoWriMo this year! I have been writing for NaNoWriMo since 2008, but this is my first time with Camp NaNoWriMo. Fun fact: I wrote the beginnings of the very first draft of WITCH for my first NaNoWriMo! It didn't work out; I got so far before the flash drive it was saved on broke, causing me to lose the draft. (The EXACT SAME THING happened to me with last year's NaNo project! Note: NEVER save your work to flash drives! Or, if you do, MAKE SURE you back it up online!!!) I got so discouraged that I gave up on the story and never finished, but it was good practice all the same. The things I like about Camp NaNoWriMo are that you get to choose your own word count, interact with "cabin mates", and work on a project that doesn't have to be a novel. I have decided that my project will be finishing up three works in progress so I will have nothing else on my plate come NaNoWriMo this November. Those three projects are the first and third novels of my seven book series, and, of course, WITCH.

If you'd like to track my progress, you can do it here!

Thanks for reading!! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment